
So, for almost a year now, I have had a pen pal named Hiroshi (above) here in Tokyo. Hiroshi is studying to be a Japanese teacher to non-native speakers. We have been exchanging emails and correcting each other's grammar. He has been a big help. I like to try out new grammar I learn on him to make sure I am using it properly.
Anyway, when he found out I was coming to Tokyo, he asked if he and his friend could show me around. So we met at Shinjuku Station, and from there, decided to go to Odaiba!
Odaiba is near the bay, so there are a lot of bridges. It also is home to Palette Town and Venus Port. Those are amusement parks, where you pay for each ride rather than admission itself (which is awesome).

Huh!? How did I end up in New York? There was a miniature version of the stature near the board walk. Hide (hee-day), Hiroshi's friend, gave Hiroshi a history lesson about the statue. Apparently, he did not know it was a gift from France.
On the board walk we saw this
Such a sad wittle bear, so I givesed him a hug.
The bears are called solar bears. They are sad about global warming. Is it wrong to give them a hug, then? Too warm perhaps?
After the boardwalk we went here:
Fuji Television's headquarters. It is home to Quiz Hexagon II (and many other tv shows like Tokyo Dogs, a cop drama, and One Piece, an anime). Inside the dome they had a tribute to Quiz Hexagon II, so we went up to see it. From the dome you can get a pretty good view of Tokyo on a clear day, but unfortunately, I cannot control the weather (yet).
This is Yaguchi. She is a former member of Morning Musume (you know, when I went to LA). She is on the show. She does pretty good, especially since she has had only a high school education. Other members on the show have college degrees and still don't get that many of the answers.
Here is me with some of the dresses PABO wears. PABO is part of the Hexagon family. Before Tsuji joined, Satoda (part of the group) was pronounced "BAKA" of the show.
Here is the dome head on. I wonder if it is safe up here during an earthquake?...



The Hexagon Family in cartoon form! (thank you Kevin A. for introducing me to the show. I got you a gift).
After visiting the tv headquarters, we went to Venus port and ate yakiniku. It was so good. Thin slices of meat, marinated, and then cooked right at the table. Oh it is making me hungry now.
After lunch, we took a boat ride to Asakusa (say it 10 times really fast. It is fun).
Asakusa has a pretty famous shrine (Shinto) . It is often crowded on the weekends, but thanks to the rain, it was not too bad. However because of the rain, we were not able to go to Ueno Park. Well we could have, but the rain was getting stronger. So after a quick stop in Akiba, Hide and Hiroshi made sure I got safely back to Shinjuku station.I had a lot of fun. Thank you Hiroshi and Hide! I hope you had fun too!



nice sweater =P. Those bears are awesome ^^
ReplyDelete楽しそう!悲しい熊は悲しすぎる。地球温暖化って悲しいな?フジテレビが面白そう。絶対行くつもり。
ReplyDeleteOh, those bears made me sad...but I love it! :) That's so cool you have native friends to show you around. :)
ReplyDelete